Meet Chloe: Every week, she collects loose change so she can buy tickets to ride the merry-go-round. But one fateful day, she gets lost in the woods on her way home, and a large dragon leaps out from-“Wait! It’s supposed to be a lion,” says Mac Barnett, the author of this book. But Adam Rex, the illustrator, thinks a dragon would be so much cooler (don’t you agree?). Mac’s power of the pen is at odds with Adam’s brush, and Chloe’s story hangs in the balance.
Can she help them out of this quandary to be the heroine of her own story? Mac Barnett and Adam Rex are a dynamic duo, and two of the strongest contemporary voices in picture books today.
In an accessible and funny way, Chloe and the Lion talks about the creative process and the joys and trials of collaboration.
- By: Ryan T. HigginsIllustrated By: Ryan T. Higgins
- By: Barney Saltzberg
- By: Deborah UnderwoodIllustrated By: Ned Young
- By: Brendán Murphy
- By: Kelly DiPucchioIllustrated By: Brian Biggs
- By: Robert Neubecker
- By: Anica Mrose RissiIllustrated By: Zachariah OHora
- By: Cynthia Rylant
- By: J.E. BrightIllustrated By: Derek Laufman
- By: Alexandra WestIllustrated By: Derek Laufman
- By: bell hooksIllustrated By: Chris Raschka
- By: Ntozake ShangeIllustrated By: Edel Rodriguez
- By: Tara LazarIllustrated By: Ross MacDonald
- By: Laura GodwinIllustrated By: John Wallace
- By: Matthew Cordell