John F. Kennedy was a popular, charismatic president, beloved by many. But he didn’t always believe he had the strength or courage for that office. As a child he was sickly and also overshadowed by his strong, capable, athletic older brother Joe.
After Joe Jr.’s death John had to work hard to live up to his own expectations and to those of his father. He overcame pain and self-doubt to see the country through one of the most difficult crises in its history.
Doreen Rappaport once again combines real-life quotes with her own lyrical prose to create a moving portrait of a beloved figure. Matt Tavares’ stunning artwork vividly depicts this unique time in history.
- By: Drew DaywaltIllustrated By: Matt Myers
- By: Cavan Scott, Tom Huddleston
- By: Marie Eden
- By: Emma Carlson Berne
- By: Bob Shea
- By: Kallie George
- By: Kelly DiPucchioIllustrated By: Brian Biggs
- By: Alex Hirsch, Rob RenzettiIllustrated By: Stephanie Ramirez
- By: Luke Reynolds, Rhode Montijo
- By: Brandon T. Snider
- By: Steve Behling
- By: Ntozake ShangeIllustrated By: Edel Rodriguez
- By: Louise SimonsonIllustrated By: Walter Simonson