“Oh, yes, yes!” Penelope is so excited about the first day of school that she’s doing her happy hippo dance. She can’t wait to wear her rainbow sparkle outfit, bring her favorite stuffed toy for show-and-tell, and share a big picnic lunch with all her new friends.
“Oh, no, no!” says her best pal Tiny, who started school last year. He has a few tips for Penelope about fitting in without sticking out.
The two friends’ very different ways of handling peer opinion create hilarious scenes that will erase any anxiety before the first day of school.
- By: Ryan T. HigginsIllustrated By: Ryan T. Higgins
- By: Fellner Dominy & Nate EvansIllustrated By: AG Ford
- Illustrated By: Brian Rood
- By: Mo WillemsIllustrated By: Mo Willems
- By: A. N. KangIllustrated By: A. N. Kang
- By: Barney Saltzberg
- By: Deborah UnderwoodIllustrated By: Ned Young
- By: Brendán Murphy
- By: Kelly DiPucchioIllustrated By: Brian Biggs
- By: Robert Neubecker
- By: Anica Mrose RissiIllustrated By: Zachariah OHora
- By: Cynthia Rylant
- By: J.E. BrightIllustrated By: Derek Laufman
- By: Alexandra WestIllustrated By: Derek Laufman
- By: bell hooksIllustrated By: Chris Raschka
- By: Ntozake ShangeIllustrated By: Edel Rodriguez
- By: Tara LazarIllustrated By: Ross MacDonald