Children are perhaps Walt Disney World’s biggest fans. On playgrounds and in classrooms, there’s always excited talk about who went to Walt Disney World and what they did each day-or minute. It has become almost a rite of passage to visit America’s most popular travel destination, and kids can be wonderful sources of information. Birnbaum’s Walt Disney World For Kids is tailor-made to engage youngsters and get them involved and excited about the vacation-planning process, and this year’s updated edition features a bold new look! Also included in the 2014 guide are:
- New tips from real kids, plus “reader reviews” of major park attractions and shows.
- Complete coverage of “New Fantasyland,” including Under the Sea-Journey of the Little Mermaid, Pete’s Silly Sideshow, and Casey Jr. Splash ‘N’ Soak Station.
- A special “Magical Memories” chapter for kids to create a colorful keepsake during their Walt Disney World visit.
- An expanded section meant for collecting the autographs of favorite Disney characters (You can meet lots of them at Pete’s Silly Sideshow in the Magic Kingdom and at Epcot’s Character Spot).
- A kid-friendly description of all the shows and attractions the Walt Disney World parks have to offer.
- Dozens of Hidden Mickeys to search for in all four theme parks
- Handy icons to help kids select the attractions they’ll like best and skip the ones that just might scare them silly.