EXTENDED THROUGH DECEMBER 31, 2020!
The below permission license from DPW is limited to our Disney Press imprint and does not include Disney-Hyperion. The copyright for most of our Disney-Hyperion titles live with each author, so please check their website and/or social media posts. Mo Willems has granted permission here, Ryan T. Higgins has granted permission here, and Rick Riordan has also granted his permission.
Back in February, DPW sold a number of titles to Hachette Book Group. Please double check the copyright of titles online and then send your requests (if applicable) to Little, Brown Books for Young Readers.
We are doing our best to keep up with the large volume of requests so we ask that you not email us to confirm any of the permissions we have listed here. If you do have other questions please send them to email@example.com.
With the increase in school closures, and many schools transitioning to remote learning, Disney Publishing Worldwide has received numerous requests from teachers across the country asking for permission to post readings of books online for their students to access. We support the efforts of educators and librarians who wish to provide remote learning at this time. Our permission is limited to Disney Press titles. If you are not sure which category a book falls into, please reach out to us at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We ask that if you read a Disney Press book online for your students that you follow a few short guidelines:
- Please note at the beginning of the video that you are reading with permission from Disney Publishing Worldwide, and please note the title of the book.
- Please only post your video through your school’s private platform or through another closed group or platform with limited access for your students only.
- Please delete your video or disable access by December 31, 2020.
- Please send an email to email@example.com with your name, school, city, state, and the title and of the book(s) you read online with a link to your video.
- By posting a reading, you are agreeing to abide by the above guidelines.
- These terms are in effect until December 31, 2020.
Please note that other organizations interested in posting videos of your Disney Press title reading will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org who will evaluate their request.
Thank you for all you are doing.