Companion to the bestselling National Geographic Little Kids First Big Book series, this delightful take-along nature guide helps young children find, identify, and learn about the fascinating animals, plants, and other wonders to be found at the seashore.
Young explorers discover a variety of cool creatures, shells, plants, and more at the beach, from crabs skittering across the sand to fish riding the waves to seagulls flying high in the sky. This sturdy take-along guide features:
- Easy-to-understand profiles of a wide variety of plants and animals commonly spotted at the beach, as well as fan-favorites out in the waves like dolphins, seahorses, and jellyfish
- Vibrant National Geographic photography that brings the subject matter to life and makes identification easy
- “Check Me Out!” fact boxes that provide more information about each creature, including its size and color, where it’s found, and what it eats
- Gallery pages featuring various beach environments, such as tide pools and sand dunes
- Cool fun facts sprinkled throughout
- Simple text for reading aloud or for beginning readers
- Games, activities, and tips for how and where to explore
- Helpful glossary
- Flexible binding for durability
Young children and their families will be excited about going outside and exploring the world firsthand with this delightful series. Be sure to check out National Geographic Little Kids First Nature Guide: Bugs.