In the National Geographic television series Uncharted, chef Gordon Ramsay journeys to some of the most remote locations on Earth in search of culinary inspiration, epic adventures, and cultural experiences. Experience his journey in this beautifully illustrated collection, featuring 75 mouthwatering recipes and revealing insight into the cultures and foodways of destinations from Peru to Louisiana.
From the heights of the Peruvian Andes to the banks of the Mekong River Delta in Laos, celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay has traveled far and wide to find culinary inspiration in some of the world’s most remote locations. In this travelogue-meets-cookbook, Ramsay reveals the rich food traditions and cultures he’s found in 25 remarkable destinations from his explorations on the National Geographic Channel’s Gordon Ramsay: Uncharted.
Within these mouthwatering pages, you’ll find insights into some of the world’s richest cultures, behind-the-scenes stories from filming, tips from top chefs around the world, and must-try adventures in places near and far. Best of all, you’ll be served 75 authentic recipes that are easy to achieve at home, including:
- Steamed Pudding from New Zealand’s Maori
- Spicy Grilled Lobster with Coconut and Breadfruit from Hawaii’s Hana Coast
- Seafood Chowder from Alaska’s Panhandle
- Spice-Rubbed Steaks with Pele Pele Sauce from South Africa
- Pumpkin Curry from India’s spice hub
- Chicken Pepper Pot from Guyana’s wild jungles
- New Orleans–Style Barbecue Shrimp from Louisiana
- Ricotta Gnocchi from Istria, Croatia
- And More!
Both exotic and inspiring, this cookbook is perfect for travel inspiration, cultural insight, and an extra-special kitchen repertoire!