Great Outdoors U.S.A.
1,000 Adventures Across All 50 States
by: National Geographic
In this information-packed guide, uncover the best walking, biking, and hiking trails in your home state, along with other outdoor activities including birdwatching, outdoor yoga, ziplining, kayaking, forest bathing, skiing, snowshoeing, tubing, and so much more. Consider experiencing:
- An Instagram-worthy stroll through the Elizabeth Park Rose Garden in Connecticut
- A beginner-friendly horseback ride from vineyard to vineyard in Virginia
- A waterfall-filled hike in Starved Rock State Park, Illinois, where you’ll wind through 18 breathtaking canyons
- A birdwatching trip just outside the Manhattan skyline in Brooklyn’s nature preserves
- An accessible trail along the south rim of Arizona’s Grand Canyon
- A 30-mile bike ride along Copper Harbor Trails in Michigan
- Canyoneering through Moab, Utah’s slot canyons and ancient ruins
- Ziplining across an Olympic course in Lake Tahoe, Nevada
- Taking on class IV rapids in the rushing waters of West Virginia
Featuring 20 activities in every state geared to a wide range of experience levels, as well as family-friendly activities and accessible options with inclusion in mind, this beautifully illustrated book will make it difficult to stay indoors—and it will inspire you to create your own bucket list of exhilarating adventures. So get ready to get out there! The magic of the great outdoors is right in your own backyard.